Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Kindle

Currently, I am reading Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind with a Kindle.

In the past, I thought that books must be something made of paper.  I have got used to books that are made of paper for so many years.  And paper makes books, especially old books, have a sweet smell.  However, the reality is that, when buying more and more books, the storage of books becomes a problem you have to face.  New books are usually first published in hardcover version, which are always thick and bulky (and more expensive than the paperback version).  I do not have a big study, and my home becomes short of places to store new books (as well as magazines and comic books).  So finally, I have bought my Kindle.

Yes, I know, e-books are nothing new.  But to read with an e-book, I have to change my reading habit.  As I have said, I have got used to paper-made books for so many years.  And I like the smell and touch of books.  Nevertheless, since it is no hope that I will be rich enough to buy a big house with a big study in the coming future, changing my reading habit seems to be the simplest and easiest way to solve the book storage problem.

And, at least, I think I have done something that is eco-friendly to the world.


No comments: